Position Title : Web and CRM digital communications specialist
Position of the position: Washington, DC, Brooklyn, NY, or remotely in the United States
The Center for Popular Democracy / Action CPD is looking for a Web and CRM Digital Communications Specialist.
About CPD + CPDA
The Center for Popular Democracy and CPD Action (Ensemble, CPD / A) strives to promote equity, opportunity and vibrant democracy in partnership with innovative grassroots organizations, organizing networks and alliances and progressive unions across the country. We work with nearly 50 affiliates in over 30 states and Puerto Rico to build the strength and capacity of democratic organizations that envision and advance a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justice agenda. We are a rapidly growing organization that partners with organizations across the country to build political power and achieve tangible victories that improve the lives of low-wage workers, immigrants, and communities of color.
About the position:
CPD / A’s communications department is integral to our vision to build political power and achieve tangible victories that improve the lives of low-wage workers, immigrants and communities of color. With your help, the department will put our grassroots into action, strengthen our collective capacity for social change, and tell the story of our work, our affiliates and our vision of the world as it could be.
The Web and CRM Digital Communications Specialist will play a key role in the crucial work of building an agile and responsive digital platform to mirror and build our multiracial worker base in the United States and Puerto Rico. We are looking for a highly collaborative and deeply experienced Front-End Developer who is the best in their element when working with multilingual, multi-issue teams of creatives and communicators to effectively communicate our organizational agendas and priorities with a spirit of spirit. integration and data flow. an omnichannel offer of digital tools.
The Web and CRM Digital Communications Specialist will support the digital communications strategy by managing the website in conjunction with the Digital Director and Creative Director and will work in our CRM to produce and integrate digital action forms for communications in line. The ideal candidate is able to work collaboratively with colleagues as well as work independently to complete the job and has experience in web development and CRM databases.
We estimate that people in a position with this level of seniority will arrive at CPD / A with approximately 10 years of relevant experience, but our review of applicants for this position will focus on their ability to meet the needs of the position, not just years of experience.
The Web and CRM Digital Communications Specialist will report to the Digital Director.
The specialist in web and CRM digital communications:
- • Oversee web properties, including update, development, maintenance, and performance management to ensure sites help meet organizational goals.
- • Optimize the web user experience for our target external audiences, as well as create and optimize internal hubs for staff and affiliated organizations in our network, in partnership with the Operations, HR and Basebuilding teams.
- • Coordinate the creation and help maintain new websites and / or microsites, landing pages or home pages for specific campaigns and projects, working closely together to support overall communications department strategies, as well as activists, organizers and other stakeholders.
- • Stay aware of issues that may impact the security and accessibility of DPC / A websites, take appropriate proactive measures to maintain security and accessibility, and respond appropriately to any security breaches or any accessibility concerns.
- • Create online forms and actions using CRM tools (Every Action, ThruTalk, Strive, New / Mode and other tools) for various departments and campaigns, and integrate them as needed into web pages.
- • Design templates and page wrappers that are consistent with the creative direction of the Creative Director on brand guidelines and visuals.
- • Execute website designs for special events and programs.
- • Create responsive web content optimized for mobile viewing first across all platforms.
- • Create tools that improve site interaction regardless of browser.
- • Manage the web development workflow.
- • Analyze and report key metrics on web traffic, bounce rate, usability, interactivity and adjust tactics accordingly.
The ideal candidate will have:
- • Extensive EveryAction experience required, experience in other digital action-based tools such as Mobilize, New / Mode, ActionNetwork preferred.
- • Extensive custom authoring experience with WordPress and Squarespace is required, additional WYSIWYG web editor experience is helpful.
- • Experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager and the ability to generate targeted reports on web performance.
- • In-depth understanding of website design principles, industry trends, website accessibility standards, and SEO optimization.
- • Ability to work in highly collaborative environments and use team contributions to create dynamic, mobile-friendly and accessible web content.
- • Ability to test and debug websites.
- • Experience in project management and the ability to move web projects forward from start to finish, while providing regular updates to relevant stakeholders in a detailed and organized manner.
- • Ability to effectively present web development proposals to internal and external stakeholders.
- • Advanced technical problem solving skills.
- • A demonstrated commitment to social, racial and economic justice and a deep understanding of the challenges facing low-wage workers, immigrant communities, communities of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ + people and people at intersections of the above communities.
We would like you to also own at least 2 of the following:
- • Ability to write and create web content in Spanish.
- • Experience with SMS based action platforms such as Strive, Hustle and other P2P or broadcast solutions.
- • Experience of the social justice movement in a capacity of organization or digital support.
- • Experience in design and / or development of applications.
- • Experience in graphic design on Canva and / or Adobe Suite.
Salary and benefits:
It is a union position. Salary will be determined on a salary scale that takes into account years of experience, location, job category and other factors, but is expected to be $ 75,000 to $ 85,000 and category 3. The collective agreement is available here.
We have a generous benefits program, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 15 vacation days the first year, 10 sick days per year, 13 paid holidays per year and contributions to 401K plans. individuals.
CPD / A is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and actively recruits people of color, women, people with disabilities and members of the LGBTIQAA + community.