Pleasant. High: 83 Low: 78.
Thank you to the wonderful local business sponsoring this newsletter. Find out what they can do for you:
Chicago Business Owners: Need Digital Marketing Help? Digi Chicago designs digital solutions and systems at affordable rates to help you put your business on the map and stand out from your competition. With over 50 years of combined knowledge in all areas of digital marketing, Digi Chicago is the go-to service for all of your website design, online advertising, social media marketing, and SEO needs. Visit them here to learn more and redeem the code digichicagopatch for 10% discount on services for the first month.
Want to see your business featured in this spot? Click here to start.
- Urban Prep Academies Director Tim King a former People magazine Hero of the Year for founding charter schools that got 100% of its black graduates into college, resigned, Sara Karp reports. (WBEZ)
- A man wearing a ski mask broke into a house in Lincoln Square. When the family members had no cash, the thief forced them to go to an ATM to withdraw cash, authorities said. (CCB)
- What we learned about the Illinois Democratic Party over the weekend:Governor JB Pritzker’s portfolio says it all and Congressman Chuy Garcia is a negotiator determined to expand his power,” Shia Kapos reported during the Central Committee’s confirmation of State Representative Lisa Hernandez de Cicero as the party’s new leader. (Politico)
- After a two-year spike in shootings, the number of victims of gun violence is falling. “Homicides fell 16% through July, from 379 from 452 at the same time last year, according to a statement from the police department. The number of people shot fell 20%, from 1,969 from 2,455 during the same period year.” (NBC5)
- Yankees traded for Cubs relief pitcher Scott Effross before Tuesday’s trade deadline. The North Siders get right-handed pitcher Hayden Wesnewski. (CBS Sports)
- The White Sox have distributed receiver Reese McGuire in Boston for veteran left-handed pitcher . (Yahoo)
- Governor JB Pritzker has declared monkeypox a public health emergency in Illinois. So far, Illinois is home to 520 confirmed cases, the third highest in America. (ABC7)
To have a good time, click on:
- Boy Pablo with Mazie at Thalia Hall (8:30 p.m.)
- $uicide Boy$ with ski mask The Slump God, Maxo Kream at North Island (6:30 p.m.)
- “Dirty Dance” @ Movies at Millennium Park (6:30 p.m.)
- The best of Second City at second city (8 p.m.)
- Mike Phillips at City Winery (8 p.m.)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Evanston First Saturday Art Events, August 6 (August 6)
- Reduced costs for 2022, get your cannabis card in 24 hours from home! (August 7)
- Evanston Made Maker’s Markets (August 7)
- Evanston Chamber Music Society Summer Music Festival (August 19)
- Add your event
— Marc Konkol
About me: Mark Konkol, 2011 Pulitzer Prize winner for local reporting, wrote and produced the Peabody Award-winning series Time: The Kalief Browder Story. He was producer, writer and narrator for the CNN docuseries “Chicagoland” and consulting producer for the Showtime documentary “16 Shots.”
Do you have a news tip or a suggestion for an upcoming Chicago Daily? Contact me at [email protected]