Western Nevada College ensures that students who cannot start at the beginning of the semester have alternatives in their personal schedule to take higher education courses.
For the fall 2022 semester, one of those options is late-start classes, which begin October 24 with some exceptions. Although courses are generally eight weeks long and end on December 17, students will receive full credit for them.
There are also enough options for students to build a full schedule and/or train for quick entry into the job market or build their skills for promotion at your current job. Choose from American Sign Language, Art, Mechatronics, Biology, Computer Science, Communication, Counseling & Personal Development, Drawing, Education, Human Development & Family Studies, Life Sciences, management, Spanish, machine tool and welding courses.
Most classes are offered online, with a few in-person classes available. For more information on how to become a student at WNC, go to www.wnc.edu/starthere.
Currently, WNC offers the following Late Start courses – all of which will start in October or November (in-person courses are noted). For a complete list of classes and course descriptions, go to wnc.edu/class-schedule/.
• Pneumatics and hydraulics (AIT 252): Carson City campus, October 25
• PLC (AIT 253): Carson City campus, October 25
• American Sign Language II (AM 146): October 24
• American Sign Language IV (AM 148): October 24
• American Sign Language VI (AM 150): October 24
• Digital spelling II (AM 152): October 24
• Drawing I (ART 101): 24 Oct.
• Human Anatomy & Physiology (BIOL 224): online conference with in-person lab, Oct. 24.
• Programming in Web scripting language (CIT 152): October 24
• Advanced Project Earned Value Management (CIT 363): October 24
• Introduction to group communication (COM 215): October 24
• Career Choices and Changes (CPD 123): October 24
• Blueprint Reads/Industrial (DFT 110): November 9-23, Carson City campus
• Teacher Technology (EDU 214): October 24
• Lifelong Human Development (HDFS 201): October 24
• Foundations of Management Theory Practice (MGT 310): October 24
• Strategic Management and Policy (MGT 496): Oct. 24
• Machine Shop II (MTT 110): In-Person with Web, Oct. 19-Nov. 16
• Machine Shop Practice II (MTT 111): in person with some web, Nov. 21-Dec. 12
• Second Year Spanish II (SPAN 212): October 24
• Welding I Practice (WELD 212): in person at Hawthorne with a bit of canvas, October 24
• Welding II Practice (WELD 222): in person at Hawthorne with a bit of canvas, October 24
• Welding Projects (WELD 224): In-person in Carson City with a lab, Nov. 23-Dec. 5 or 9 Nov.-Dec. 5
• Welding Projects (WELD 250): In-person in Carson City with a lab, Oct. 17-Nov. 9