Consulting Firm Grows Team by 20% in Q2 as Healthcare Evolution Accelerates
BRENTWOOD, Tenn. and CHICAGO, September 15, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — In response to growing client demand for organizational optimization and digital strategy, national strategic healthcare communications consultancy Jarrard Phillips Cate & Hancock has recruited staff across all practices in contact with customers during the second quarter of the year.
“Healthcare providers are facing troubling headwinds today,” said the president of Jarrard Inc. David Jarard said. “The financial landscape is complicated and unfavorable to hospitals and healthcare systems, while investors are highly focused on optimizing existing portfolio companies and selecting new investments. As a result, healthcare organizations of all sorts are working to optimize their teams, make the most of existing resources and develop creative ways to attract and retain talent.Our new colleagues were brought to our firm with exactly these mandates in mind.
Award-winning expert in organizational development strategy Kevin Kearns, PsyD, PMP, headlines new hires, joining as vice president of the firm’s national and academic health systems practice. With a doctorate in organizational psychology, Kearns has extensive experience in leadership development and organizational effectiveness. He previously held related positions at Kaiser Permanente and the University of Colorado Health system. At Kaiser Permanente, his team’s work has won multiple Learning Elite Awards from Chief Learning Officer Magazine, as well as the publication’s Editor’s Choice Award.
The company has also added notable expertise in digital strategy through the hiring of Thomas Barbee, Associate Vice President of Digital Services. Barbee has over 14 years of experience helping healthcare organizations expand their digital footprint and integrate channels to deliver effective and consistent messaging to accelerate growth. He most recently served as National Director of Digital Strategy at Compassion & Choices, a denverpalliative care organization. He brings clients a wealth of experience in integrating digital systems and using business intelligence to inform strategic campaigns.
“An important part of the optimization we’re seeing across the industry is solidifying the lessons learned from the pandemic in terms of using technology and digital tools as effectively as possible,” Jarrard said. “There is no room for waste. Strategic efforts must be perfectly aligned with tactical work, requiring new levels of integration, project management and clear communication between teams and with external stakeholders .”
The additional new recruits are:
- Courtney Kelsey, Associate Vice President, National & Academic Health Systems Practice. Kelsey has nearly a decade of focused experience in strategic healthcare communications, public health, organizational development, navigating complex issues, and experience design. It reverts to Jarrard Inc. of dallas-based Baylor Scott & White Health. There, she served as Director of Communications, leading communications strategy and execution for the $11 billion system culture, change, well-being, and leader development efforts.
- Kerry Burk, Senior Management Consultant, Health Services Practice. Burke is an internal and corporate communications expert who has worked in the healthcare industry. His career includes previous work in corporate communications at Cigna, internal communications at Medical University of South Carolina and communication strategy at HCA Healthcare.
- Laura Sander, senior management consultant, regional practice. Sanders brings to Jarrard Inc. more than 15 years of communications strategy experience for mergers and acquisitions, organizational restructuring, and operational change in healthcare and higher education. Most recently, Sanders served as director of communications for Baton Rouge-based Amedisys.
- Courtney Tedesco, RNmsn, Senior Management Consultant, National and Academic Health Systems Practice. A clinician with over 15 years of experience in nursing care and nursing leadership, Tedesco offers clients a unique experience in innovation, efficiency and change. She previously held various positions at Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, including direct leadership of multidisciplinary teams and cross-functional programs.
- Heather Honeycutt, Project Manager, National & Academic Health Systems Practice. Honeycutt brings deep expertise in operations and project management to enterprise clients and the national practice. Prior to joining Jarrard Inc., she held several positions at Franklin, TNat Ramsey Solutions, where she led the development and execution of events and built and implemented a new HR system, among other projects.
- Susan Gliser, management consultant, regional practice. Gleiser was most recently part of the Stewardship Communications team at Vanderbilt University Medical Center Development Office, where she created and implemented management plans for donors. Previously, Gleiser served as chief financial officer and call time manager on two U.S. House of Representatives campaigns in the South Illinois.
- Caroline Oakley, Senior Advisor, Health Services Practice. A specialist in public relations, internal communications, social media and project management, Oakley joins Jarrard Inc. from TogoRun, a Nashville communications company specializing in healthcare, non-profit organizations and medical aesthetics.
- Elly Wood, Senior Advisor, Health Services Practice. Woods brings experience in change management, stakeholder engagement and content development to Jarrard Inc., with an eye on using communications to drive growth. Previously, she served in the Chicagoin AbbVie’s regulatory affairs, advertising and promotions department.
- Drew Do, senior graphic designer, digital and design group. Do comes to Jarrard Inc. with over eight years of print and digital design experience in the health, wellness and financial industries. Prior to joining the company, he served as a creative specialist at Texas Children’s Hospital. There he worked for Texas Children’s Health Plan, the hospital’s managed care organization, developing strategic campaigns and marketing materials.
- Savanna Ray, graphic designer, Digital and Design Group. Ray is an expert in environmental branding, photography, and print and packaging design. Previously, she was a senior wallpaper and mural designer for WallsNeedLove, a Nashvillewallcovering company and as a packaging designer at Lowe’s.
- Lena Stephens, graphic designer, Digital and Design Group. Stephens is an award winning Nashvillegraphic designer with experience on web and print platforms. Prior to joining Jarrard Inc., she received training in User Experience/User Interface (UI/UX) design, leading to a specialization in Website Solutions.
- Gladis Valdivia, Advisor, National and Academic Health Systems Practice. A media and legislative research specialist, Valdivia has held positions in education, nonprofit health care, and government relations. Prior to joining Jarrard Inc., she worked as a strategic communications intern at global CEO consulting firm Teneo.
About Jarrard Inc.
With offices at Nashville, Tennessee. and Chicago, Jarrard Phillips Cate & Hancock, Inc. is a top 10 U.S. strategic communications consulting firm for the nation’s leading healthcare providers experiencing significant change, challenges, or opportunities. Founded in 2006, the company has worked with more than 600 clients in more than 45 states and served as a communications consultant on more than $75 billion in communications about announced mergers and acquisitions and partnership transactions. The firm specializes in mergers and acquisitions, change management, issue navigation and strategic positioning. Jarrard Inc. is a division of The Chartis Group, one of the nation’s leading healthcare consulting firms.
For more information visit jarrardinc.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
THE SOURCE Jarrard Phillips Cate & Hancock, Inc.