Job title: Information Management Officer
Sector: Information management
Type of employment: Full time
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Contract length: 12 months
ALAMEEN for Humanitarian Support is a non-governmental organization created by a group of volunteers in Syria during the 2012 crisis and registered in the United States, Sweden and Turkey.
ALAMEEAN implements projects through regional offices in Syria, Turkey, Lebanon, Yemen, Sudan, Iraq, Palestine and Somalia.
Our areas of work are Health, Nutrition, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Protection, Shelter and Non-Food Items, Washing and Sanitation.
ALAMEEAN also manages development projects, advocates for the empowerment of civil societies and local governance
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office.
- Ability to research best practices and propose new and more efficient ways of doing things.
- Actively works towards continuous personal learning and development and applies newly acquired skills.
- Play a role in the design, development, management and improvement of data management systems including various relational databases and spreadsheets, Excel, MS Access.
- Design data entry forms, surveys using ODK or Kobo toolkit and row lists, and the related process of data collection, cleaning and verification.
- Write and revise data queries based on project needs and for analysis purposes using SQL,
- Collect, compile, analyze and report various data from various sources.
- Receive files, databases, source documents from data agents filed in primary health centers.
- Maintain scheduled backups according to the plan for all files and databases to avoid data loss.
- Provide assistance and resolve data entry errors, clean data by addressing missing information, data errors, duplicates and outliers according to data quality standards, and apply data guidelines and procedures to ensure data quality in all data flow systems and databases.
- Prepare training materials related to data entry, data tools, application usage and data auditing and conduct data related training to support field staff during regular meetings or unforeseen events.
Program quality and development
- Develop interactive data visualizations and interpretations using tables or Power BI.
- Design workflows and data collection models as needed.
- Track categorized personnel in Project on daily bases and ensure daily data submission and availability of latest and updated reports.
- Train and guide field staff on the use of data tools, forms and templates.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Generate maps using Power BI, QGIS and ArcGIS for presentation of presentation data.
- Generate automated statistical summary reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
Coordinate with the Project Manager and IMU Manager all tasks related to the classified team and data entries according to the project needs, organize and distribute the tasks according to the capacity and the availability of the team and move resources when needed.
**Key Working Relationships:
The position reports to: ** Head of IMU
The position directly supervises: Data entry clerk.
PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS: AHS and AHS personnel must adhere to the values and principles set forth in AHS Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are integrity, service and responsibility. Consistent with these values, AHS operates and enforces policies on protecting beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse, child protection, anti-workplace harassment, fiscal integrity, anti-retaliation and the fight against human trafficking.
Compliance and Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout AL-AMEEN for Humanitarian Support, as appropriate, maintains a clear understanding of AL-AMEEN for Humanitarian Support and the standards of compliance and donor ethics and adheres to these standards. Performs work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within AL-AMEEN for humanitarian support
and among beneficiaries served by AHS
NB: given the purpose and values of the organization, AL-AMEEN for Humanitarian Support, asks its employees for total flexibility in terms of tasks and commitment, their job description and job title being able to be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT or relevant national or international experience in information management.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in information management and technical support.
- Good knowledge of the work of INGOs and LNGOs Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution and visualization) Familiarity with the regulations of non-profit organizations
- Compulsory: Arabic and English are compulsory (oral and written)
Technical skills and personal qualities required
- Experienced in relational databases such as SQL Server, MySQL in various operating systems and another database server.
- It would be preferable to have programming experience using one or more programming languages, Python, Visual Basic, SQL and others.
- MS office and MS Excel: have advanced skills using Excel spreadsheets, formulas, VBA coding, filtering, sorting, data aggregation and pivot tables.
- Interactive visualization tools (Power BI/Tableau): Decent knowledge of interactive visualization tools, ability to produce online interactive reports and maps based on collected data.
- Mobile data collection tools (ODK, Kobo Toolbox or other): ability to design and create forms and questionnaires, familiarity with advanced options, testing tools.
- Cartographic programming: QGIS, Arc GIS
- High level of writing and editorial skills in English
- Ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Organized and able to manage priorities;
- Proactivity, adaptability and ability to take initiatives;
- Proactive approach to identify solutions;
- Diplomacy and open-mindedness;
- Familiar with the multicultural environment;
- Good analytical skills;
How to register
To apply for this position, please complete this link.
if you have any questions, please contact us via: [email protected]
Only selected candidates will be contacted.