iMMAP is an international non-governmental organization that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target aid to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and better decisions lead to better results. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps solve the operational and strategic challenges of our partners in emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better results.
iMMAP will carry out capacity building of regional ministries of health in 5 regions (Littoral, Adamaoua, West, North-West and South-West). Emphasis will be placed on developing the capacity of public sector staff at district, hospital and regional levels to improve analysis, interpretation and evidence-based decision-making using digital health data. The training will focus on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and COVID-19 vaccination data, with an emphasis on Microsoft PowerBi, Microsoft Excel and DHIS2 platforms.
This is an expatriate position (open to all nationalities), and will be based in Yaoundé, Cameroon, with frequent travel to regional capitals. Fluency in English and French is essential
This position is dependent on funding
Description of homework
- Project management
- Ensure that objectives are achieved on time and on budget. If necessary, ensure that preventive and corrective actions are taken.
- Develop an implementation strategy appropriate to the country context and strategy.
- Plan the mobilization of resources for the implementation of program activities.
- Manage a comprehensive business plan, including resource needs analysis, covering the period.
- Proactively inform iMMAP HQ (Africa Desk and Global Health Program Lead) of identified opportunities, risks and risk mitigation relevant to program planning and implementation.
- Maintain an overview of the national and regional context in view of the strategic development of the project both in currently identified sites and in the potential for future extension and expansion of the program.
- Support program implementation as needed, including: developing assessments, baselines, budgets, monitoring and evaluation systems, field visits to verify data, reporting and closure .
- Develop potential programming through writing concept papers, proposals and budgets for iMMAP
- Financial direction
- Ensure that budgets are spent in accordance with donor proposals and regulations.
- Monitor the expenditure of designated program funds in the pre-operational phase of the program.
- Staff management
- Ensure that all identification, selection and procurement matters for designated project personnel are carried out in accordance with iMMAP guidelines.
- Ensure that staff receive appropriate and adequate training by providing coaching.
- Through a consultative leadership style and a transparent and supportive communication structure, develop and build an effective iMMAP project team.
- security management
- Assess and review the security status of identified areas of operation.
- Ensure security plans and protocols for areas of operation are updated and implemented.
- Quality management
- Ensure that designated projects are implemented in accordance with donor proposals and requirements.
- Regularly assess and provide feedback and recommendations on program quality.
- Build relationships on behalf of iMMAP with bilateral donors, international non-governmental organizations, implementing partners and other agencies relevant to program implementation.
- Represent iMMAP in relevant consultations and meetings.
- Ensure complete and timely reporting of activities to iMMAP, donors and implementing partners.
- Assist the Head of Office of iMMAP in strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Other relevant tasks assigned by the Head of Office.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in International Development Studies preferred but not required;
- Minimum of 6 years of program management experience required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in similar management and/or advisory functions in the field of humanitarian aid or international development.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing program start-up within tight deadlines as well as planning for program close-out.
- Knowledge of basic program development skills such as quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of national and regional migration dynamics and actors, and understanding of the functioning and policy-making dynamics of these actors;
- Proven and well-developed influencing and relationship building skills in dealing with stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in managing capacity building activities and programs
- Experience in designing capacity building materials
- Understanding of sexual and reproductive health is an asset
- Understanding of COVID-19 vaccination is an asset
- Experience with using DHIS2
- Experience in data collection and population monitoring.
- Soft skills
- Strong analytical skills and adept at turning abstract discussions into concrete ideas.
- Technical writing skills, including writing proposals and reports.
- Ability to develop and execute work plans and solve problems independently.
- Ability to perform well under tight deadlines, flexible attitude.
- Ability to select, develop and lead teams.
- Ability to work according to objectives.
- Knowledge of computer applications, in particular required proficiency in MS Office and Google Suites
- Fluency/professional proficiency in English and French is essential
Staff should conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP policies, procedures and values at all times and in all countries.
iMMAP has zero tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violation of these principles and policies will be considered gross misconduct.
iMMAP is an equal opportunity employer, regardless of origin.
How to register
Please apply via: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/593