General description of the program:
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL works in Idleb Governorate, both through direct implementation and through partners, providing food and non-food programs to highly vulnerable populations, and the provision of water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) through support to water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in the North Aleppo Governorate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, providing food and non-food programs to highly vulnerable populations, as well as aid emergency to newly displaced households.
Purpose of the position:
CFM (Information Provision) Agent is also known as Information Provision Agent, or IPO for short. The IPO covers the Accountability and Transparency business of Idlib and North Aleppo. GOAL believes that all members of the community have the right to be informed about our activities, and GOAL goes the extra mile to share relevant information with as many members of the community as possible through as many information dissemination channels as possible. possible. The IPO will be responsible for coordinating these information channels, including collecting and synthesizing information to be shared through these channels, developing audio and visual content to share this information, and leading innovation efforts to find new ways to share information.
The IPO will report directly to the Field Accountability Coordinator, coordinate closely with Program Team colleagues, Team Leaders, Verification Manager, Accountability Manager, CFM Manager and others. other departments, for quick and accurate coordination of transparency activities.
Missions, objectives and skills
- Coordinate with program and M&E teams to track community information needs, and generate and maintain an information delivery strategy to consistently meet those information needs.
- Work closely with outreach teams to train and support them on more targeted information delivery efforts, and to provide them with targeted messages about GOAL’s work.
- Maintain and generate content for all GOAL news sharing channels such as GOAL’s public telegram channel (https://t.me/goalsy), which is used to share information about GOAL programs with over 17,000 community members.
- Produce graphic designs for posters, flyers or other efforts to visually share information about GOAL.
- Produce audio and video messages about GOAL’s work to be shared via speakers or via social media.
- Develop and maintain a messaging system to send more targeted messages to community stakeholders, including local councils and mukhtars.
- Lead innovation and testing efforts to find new and effective ways to share more targeted and effective information about BUT with more people, such as, but not limited to, better use of posters, use of mobile or static loudspeakers, better coordination with community actors, the use of volunteers for the provision of information, the use of PowerPoint slides in awareness-raising activities or any other innovation worth exploring.
- Collaborate with colleagues to maintain the information provision database for the Accountability Awareness Team to meet the requirements recommended by the Accountability Field Coordinator.
- Collaborate with colleagues to prepare technical information delivery tools (CommCare and Excel sheets) for the Accountability Outreach team to carry out outreach activities.
- Ensure proper recording, filling and reporting of accountability data related to transparency activities, and report relevant accountability indicators as requested by management.
- Maintain effective communication and information flow between Accountability Departments (Audit, CFM and Outreach) and Program Departments.
- Any additional related duties assigned by supervisor.
- Academic experience in media, graphic design, information management, humanitarian topics, or related fields
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a role related to news provision or media and
- At least 1 year of professional experience in an NGO or in the humanitarian field
- Excellent Arabic skills (spoken, written and read)
- Experience in administering social media platform pages or channels and developing their content.
- Experience working with graphic, audio and video design tools.
- Full professional proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent sense of visual design regarding the clear and precise presentation of information.
- Able to think critically about innovative methods of providing information and to explore and test new ideas with minimal guidance.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Hardworking, proactive and able to prioritize to manage a demanding workload.
- Ability to travel and work in Syria.
- Knowledge of GOAL target areas in Idlib and North Aleppo
- Good English skills (spoken, written and read)
- Previous experience in the area of accountability or transparency.
How to register
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the “apply nowand complete the application form. All applicants should send a cover letter and updated CV (no more than four pages). Both should be in English. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The application deadline is August 10, 2022
Terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults should be protected to the greatest extent possible from deliberate or unintentional actions and failures that put them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and other harm. One of the ways GOAL demonstrates this ongoing commitment to protection is by including rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all applicants.
Responsibility within GOAL
Along with our safeguard policy, GOAL is an equal opportunity employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered employment with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of responsibility:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures on safety, code of conduct, health and safety, data protection and privacy, do no harm principles and unacceptable behavior protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoing in our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behavior by a GOAL staff member or partner.
This job description serves only as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to modify this document. Any published closing date is an estimate. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work, we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close advertisements as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We therefore advise interested candidates to submit their applications as soon as possible.