Innovative Cloud Service Offerings Enable Government Agencies to Implement the AI-Based Solution to Drive Innovation, Increase Efficiency and Reduce Costs
HOUSTON, September 12, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — BMC, a global leader in software solutions for the digitally empowered enterprise, today announced that its service and operations management platform BMC Helix has obtained Moderate Clearance from the Federal Risk Authorization Program (FedRAMP) for BMC Helix v 21.3 in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud. The BMC Helix solution in the AWS cloud enables federal agencies to confidently choose BMC for their seamless and secure cloud migrations as they face demanding and ever-changing missions.
The BMC Helix platform is designed for organizations that want to:
- Modernize the business by accelerating the transition to the cloud, leveraging existing on-premises solutions, and driving innovation
- Find and resolve issues faster, support DevOps teams at high speed, and drive innovation with AI-powered service management and IT operations (AIOps) from the AWS Cloud
In addition to previously licensed service management capabilities, government customers will now be able to capitalize on BMC’s industry-leading, innovative operations management capabilities in the cloud with BMC Helix.
Highlights of the new BMC Helix solution include:
- Operations management with AIOps— Predictive computing with artificial intelligence for IT operations (AIOps), service-centric monitoring, advanced event management, root cause isolation, and intelligent automation to improve performance for faster problem resolution with greater cost savings
- Continuous optimization—Predictive analytics to manage cloud computing resources with support for Kubernetes and pods, microservices, and containers enabling increased efficiency across the organization
- Discovery—Discovery and dependency modeling that provides instant visibility into hardware, software, and services across cloud, hybrid, and on-premises environments for increased compliance and assurance
- Service management —The benchmark for service management (previously licensed, now updated to include version 21.3) to ensure the ultimate service worker experience
- Digital workspace—Provide employees with intuitive and intelligent, consumer-like experiences to help organizations step into the future of work
- Project portfolio management—A comprehensive graphical tool that seamlessly links project and portfolio management to idea sourcing, idea management, and demand generation to drive innovation
“This authorization reflects the close coordination between BMC and our vast customer base, providing the innovative software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions they need to modernize their enterprise IT systems. Our partnership with AWS is an essential part of this capability. Together, we deliver flawless service and operations management SaaS solutions to our federal agencies,” said david sims, regional vice president and general manager of BMC Federal. “We are honored to provide our government customers with this broader set of BMC Helix capabilities with FedRAMP Moderate authorization that accelerates their cloud initiatives and delivers the highest levels of agility, scalability, and confidence to achieve program success and the mission.”
BMC works with 86% of the Forbes Global 50 and customers and partners around the world to create their future. With our history of innovation, industry-leading automation, operations and service management solutions, combined with unparalleled flexibility, we help organizations free up time and space to become an autonomous digital company that conquers the opportunities ahead.
BMC, BMC Software, the BMC logo, and other BMC marks are the exclusive property of BMC Software, Inc. and are registered or may be registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office or in other countries.
© Copyright 2022 BMC Software, Inc.
BMC—execute and reinvent
SOURCEBMC Software, Inc.