One of the most effective ways to monetize your website is to display advertisements. And there are several ad networks and ad monetization platforms that allow you to do this. This article will look at two such solutions – Google AdSense and MonetizeMore.
In this article, we’ll compare AdSense to MonetizeMore to determine which platform is best for your website. We’ll compare the features of each platform and weigh the pros and cons of using them.
AdSense vs. MonetizeMore: Overview
AdSense is an advertising network of Google and is the most common method of advertising monetization, especially for new publishers.
How AdSense works:
There are no minimum traffic requirements for any publisher to join AdSense.
- AdSense works by associating relevant ads with your website based on your content and your visitors. Advertisers looking to promote your products or services have created and paid for ads that appear on your website.
- After signing up, you will paste the AdSense ad code on your website and choose where you want the ads to appear.
- Advertisers then bid on ad space on your websites. Ads with the highest bids will show on your website.
- AdSense handles all publisher payments and advertiser billing.
AdSense is free to join. He gets his commission by taking a share of the revenue before paying the publisher. AdSense pays publishers 68% of the revenue from ads served on a website.
MonetizeMore is a global ad monetization platform that helps publishers take their ad revenue to the next level.
How it works:
MonetizeMore is an advanced ad monetization platform for publishers with at least 500,000 pageviews per month.
- MonetizeMore gives publishers access to premium ad networks.
- MonetizeMore also grants its publishers direct access to the Google Ad Exchange (AdX). AdX has the largest pool of advertisers paying the highest CPMs, which helps publishers further increase their ad revenue.
- MonetizeMore uses JS integration for configuration. Publishers just need to implement a few lines of codes and start earning. WordPress users can use a plugin to inject the code into their website.
MonetizeMore offers flexible payment terms. Under the agreement, publishers can either get their revenue directly from advertisers/ad networks, or MonetizeMore can facilitate payments to publishers.
Comparison: AdSense vs. MonetizePlus
Let’s look at an in-depth comparison of what the two platforms offer publishers.
Pool of advertisers
Advertisers on Google AdSense belong to the Google display network. Although there are millions of advertisers on the GDN, not all of them are suitable for your website. Many publishers have complained about Google AdSense showing irrelevant advertisements on their websites.
MonetizeMore, on the other hand, combines AdX with premium ad networks to show relevant ads from premium advertisers on your website.
AdSense allows publishers to compare variations of their ad metrics to see which will perform best. For example, you can test different ad formats and different ad loads to see which will perform best on your website.
MonetizeMore offers more robust ad testing options. In addition to a dedicated team of experts who will help you optimize ad placements on your website for better performance, MonetizeMore also offers multivariate testing.
Multivariate testing uses the same mechanism as A/B testing, but compares more variables and reveals more information about your ad performance.
MonetizeMore allows publishers to:
- Test multivariate header bidding partner: Each combination of header bidding partners is tested. And if the header bidding partner does not offer high RPMs to the publisher, it is removed from the header bidding stack.
- Test multivariate expiration time: PubGuru header bidding provides data to help publishers determine the best expiration time for header containers based on user location and the type of device.
- MonetizeMore also automatically tests and optimizes each ad unit based on type, color, size, and placement to ensure the best ad setups for your site.
MonetizeMore is a transparent platform that offers complete inventory ownership to publishers. You don’t have to forward your DNS to MonetizeMore, and all the data you get is verifiable. Their unified reporting interface also gives publishers revenue transparency from their demand partners.
On the other hand, Google AdSense is not so transparent. It is a closed network and only shares limited information with publishers.
Compared to MonetizeMore, AdSense doesn’t offer a lot of features to help you increase your ad revenue. Besides fetching ads from the Google ad network, here are some other AdSense features:
- Save time by using automated ads.
- Customize where ads appear on your site
- Choose the ad type that best suits your website.
- Block ads you don’t like.
- A/B test ad variations for better performance.
Here are the solutions and features offered by MonetizeMore:
PubGuru: PubGuru is an actionable advertising platform. It is one of the best header wrapper solutions available. It provides the fastest auction responses, custom adapters for each header auction network, automatic auction scaling, and machine learning to maximize auction value.
PubGuru also allows publishers to bring all of their advertising revenue sources together in one dashboard. This allows publishers to uncover any ad revenue issues and find new opportunities to increase revenue. PubGuru features include:
- Smart notifications to discover personalized revenue boosting opportunities.
- Award-winning invalid traffic detection to protect your Google Account.
- Earnings attribution reports to guide traffic investment decisions.
- Sophisticated custom report generator.
- Tools to fix policy violations.
Traffic officer: This Google award-winning solution helps publishers protect their websites against invalid traffic and ad fraud. Some features of Traffic Cop include:
- Fraud detection and prevention.
- Invalid traffic analysis and scoring.
- Detect and block sophisticated IVTs and reduce revenue clawbacks to near zero.
- Prevent ad configuration policy violations (ad aggregation report and content policy).
AdSense vs. MonetizeMore: Who Pays More?
Compared to most ad networks, AdSense pays the least. Depending on the competition and CPC in your niche, your commission can vary between $0.20 and $15 per click. The majority of niches pay publishers less than $3 per click.
On the other hand, MonetizeMore offers publishers a transparent performance pricing model and premium demand.
MonetizeMore uses advanced advertising technology with the best optimization strategies to dramatically improve the user experience on your website. This will cause your RPM to grow steadily. MonetizeMore also protects publishers. For example, in the event of upstream insolvency, the company will insure 90% of your header income.
MonetizeMore has also developed an advanced payment model so that publishers are paid as early as two weeks before the actual payment processing date based on the traditional NET45 or NET30 payment schedule they originally signed up with MonetizeMore. No other ad tech company offers these kinds of benefits to publishers, including Google.
AdSense vs. MonetizeMore: Pros and Cons
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of both platforms:
Benefits of AdSense:
- One of the largest ad networks for small publishers.
- Free to join.
- Easy to configure.
- No minimum traffic requirement.
Disadvantages of AdSense
- Limited control over the advertisements that appear on your website.
- Low revenue per 1,000 visitors.
- Poor customer support.
Benefits of monetizingMore
- High page RPM compared to any other header container.
- Easy to configure.
- Transparent and adaptable reporting.
- Dedicated ad optimization teams for publishers.
- Flexible pricing plans. MonetizeMore is ready to be paid based on performance.
- Cutting-edge technology with actionable solutions to help increase revenue.
- Intuitive and user-friendly dashboard.
- Flexible payment terms
Disadvantages of monetizingMore
- High minimum traffic requirement.
Conclusion: which one is the best?
Looking at the solutions and features of both platforms, MonetizeMore is the better option. But for a new blogger who has just started generating traffic, AdSense is the only option out of the two. However, there are other Google Adsense alternatives that new bloggers can try.
For publishers who have over 500,000 pageviews per month, MonetizeMore is the absolute best choice. MonetizeMore is a robust platform that will help you increase your ad revenue and scale your business. Sign up for MonetizePlus.