So my mother in law has been suffering from osteoporosis for a few years now to the point where she could barely walk and was experiencing severe join pain. So I spoke with my dad who is an orthopedic surgeon and he came up with a list of things that are scientifically proven to help significantly improve osteoporosis and other forms of arthritis. My mother in law (even though she is stubborn) took his advice and seen a significant improvement with her osteoporosis to the point that she doesn’t uses her cane as much as she use to.
Below I will post a list of the things my mother in law has been taking to help significantly improve her osteoporosis but not only that, I will also provide links to the actual studies which proves that the items I list below can help improve your osteoporosis. I’ll be listing the from them most important to the least important.
Note: To see a significant improvement in the shortest amount of time it’s recommend you take the supplements listed below in conjunction for 2-3 months (this is how long it took for her to really see results).
1) Silical® 2
(Developed By Orthopedic Surgeon – Charles T. Prince MD)
Silical 2 is an improved bone health supplement that enhances Calcium and Vitamin D. Silical 2 contains new nutrients, including an organic form of silicon, that helps place calcium in bone and helps grow healthy bone collagen for extra support. Silical 2 also adds a balanced mix of Boron, Vitamin K2 inositol and other bone healthy nutrients that we don’t get in our daily diets. This breakthrough supplement helps complete your diet for improved bone health.
Cambridge Musculoskeletal Sciences – Dr Ravin Jugdaohsingh
- Jugdaohsingh R, Watson AIE, Pedro LD, Powell JJ. (2015) The decrease in silicon concentration of the connective tissues with age in rats is a marker of connective tissue turnover. Bone. 75:40-48.
- Jugdaohsingh R, Watson AIE, Bhattacharya P, van Lenthe GH, Powell JJ. (2015) Positive association between serum silicon levels and bone mineral density in female rats following oral silicon supplementation with monomethylsilanetriol. Osteoporos Int. 26:1405-1415.
- Macdonald HM, Hardcastle AC, Jugdaohsingh R, Fraser WD, Reid DM, Powell JJ. (2012) Dietary silicon interacts with oestrogen to influence bone health: Evidence from the Aberdeen Prospective Osteoporosis Screening Study. Bone 50:681-687.
- Jugdaohsingh R, Calomme MR, Robinson K, Nielsen F, Anderson SHC, D’Hease P, Geutsens P, Loveridge N, Thompson RPH, Powell JJ. (2008) Increased longitudinal growth in rats on a silicon-depleted diet. Bone. 43:596-606.
- Jugdaohsingh R, Tucker KL, Qiao N, Cupples LA, Kiel DP, Powell JJ. (2004) Silicon intake is a major dietary determinant of bone mineral density in men and pre-menopausal women of the Framingham Offspring Cohort. J Bone Miner Res. 19:297–307.
- Reffitt DM, Ogston N, Jugdaohsingh R, Cheug HFJ, Evans BAJ, Thompson RPH, Powell JJ, Hampson GN. ( 2003) Orthosilicic acid stimulates collagen type 1 synthesis and osteoblastic differentiation in human osteoblast-like cells in vitro. Bone 32:127–135.
[biggreen url=”http://astoundingweb.org/Silical”]Check it now[/biggreen]
2) GLUCOSAMINE SULPHATE 2KCI (1000MG)
This is what helped really my mother in law joint pain, we’ve tried several brands but this is the only brand that that she noticed a difference.
Glucosamine Sulphate is a naturally occurring chemical found in the human body. It is in the fluid that is around joints.
Glucosamine is an important building block needed by the body to manufacture specialised molecules called glycosaminoglycans, found in cartilage. Glucosamine is not present in significant amounts in most diets. Supplemental sources are derived from the shells of shrimp, lobster, and crab. It is used by the body to produce a variety of other chemicals that are involved in building tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and the thick fluid that surrounds joints.
- Herrero-Beaumont G, Ivorra JA, Del Carmen Trabado M, et al. Glucosamine sulfate in the treatment of knee osteoarthritis symptoms: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study using acetaminophen as a side comparator. Arthritis & Rheumatism. 2007;56(2):555–567.
- Pavelká K, Gatterová J, Olejarová M, et al. Glucosamine sulfate use and delay of progression of knee osteoarthritis: a 3-year, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study. Archives of Internal Medicine. 2002;162(18):2113–2123.
- Reginster JY, Deroisy R, Rovati LC, et al. Long-term effects of glucosamine sulphate on osteoarthritis progression: a randomised, placebo-controlled clinical trial.Lancet. 2001;357(9252):251–256.
- Sawitzke AD, Shi H, Finco MF, et al. The effect of glucosamine and/or chondroitin sulfate on the progression of knee osteoarthritis: a report from the glucosamine/chondroitin arthritis intervention trial. Arthritis & Rheumatism. 2008;58(10):3183–3191.
- Thie NM, Prasad NG, Major PW. Evaluation of glucosamine sulfate compared to ibuprofen for the treatment of temporomandibular joint osteoarthritis: a randomized double blind controlled 3 month clinical trial. Journal of Rheumatology. 2001;28(6):1347–1355.
[biggreen url=”http://astoundingweb.org/GLUCOSAMINE”]Check it now[/biggreen]
3) A-Z MULTIVITS & MINERALS
When food falls short to give you all of the vitamins and minerals you need, which is where most people’s ailments such as osteoporosis derive from, multivitamin supplements are the key. One of the main problems today is that people are not getting the vitamins they need daily due to our society being saturated with fast food, not to mention junk foods. This is especially concerning when it comes our health.
Lack of essential vitamins and minerals can not only cause minor issues in the body but can lead to very serious illness including cancer. Symptoms that can be seen very early on with lack of the correct vitamins can vary between lower energy levels, weaker hair and skin, weaker bones, a weaker immune system and also wounds can take longer to heal.
Essential Nutrients for Bone Health and a Review of their Availability in the Average North American DietOpen Orthop J. 2012; 6: 143–149.Published online 2012 Apr 5. doi: 10.2174/1874325001206010143PMCID: PMC3330619
[biggreen url=”http://astoundingweb.org/MULTIVITS”]Check it now[/biggreen]
4) MSM (1000MG)
Methylsulfonylmethane, a natural occurring organic sulphur compound. Sulphur is present in every cell of the body and is necessary for the proper functioning of vital organs, respirator and immune systems. MSM helps to build various proteins within the body and is found naturally in fruit and vegetables.
Research has proven that consuming msm in the form of supplements can help us to recover from many injuries quicker than without this additional help, therefore acting medicinally as well as nutritionally.
Directly involved with the production of collagen, which affects the elasticity of our joints and muscle tissue. Collagen gives bounce to our cells making them plumper and more supple. Supplementing your cells with MSM will help to keep skin in good condition, looking healthier and younger and also proven to alleviate joint pain and help with osteoarthritis.
[biggreen url=”http://astoundingweb.org/MSM”]Check it now[/biggreen]
5) NUYU SUPERFOOD
Alkalizing your body is very important when it comes to osteoporosis, according to Dr. David Williams if you PH level drops below 7.4 (even if it’s 7.38) the body begins to break down bone and muscle tissues to use their alkalizing ammonia, carbonates, and phosphates. This is why it’s important to try to keep your body’s PH level from dropping past 7.4
NUYU Superfood can help restore your body’s natural pH levels by providing it with the necessary nutrients it needs to keep you healthy.
It’s a powerful blend of wholesome and nutritious superfood ingredients rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, phytonutrients and essential amino acids designed to help stimulate and strengthen your immune system. Using a patented cold-drying process to protect the delicate balance of enzymes, vitamins and minerals in its ingredients.
Dr. David Williams –
Lower Osteoporosis Risk With Proper Acid/Alkaline Balance
Acid-Alkaline Balance and Its Effect on Bone Health
Susan E. Brown, Ph.D., CCN, and Russell Jaffe, MD, Ph.D., CCN International Journal of Integrative Medicine Vol. 2, No. 6 – Nov/Dec 2000
The Acid, Alkaline Diet: Eating to Protect Bones?
[biggreen url=”http://astoundingweb.org/NUYU”]Check it now[/biggreen]
6) Invest in Water Ionizer or Bottled Alkaline Water
As stated in #5, maintaining the proper PH levels is imperative when it comes to osteoporosis. If you cannot afford one of these machines (they cost about $500-$15000) then it’s recommend that you at least purchase bottled alkaline water from your local grocery store.
Bone. 2009 Jan;44(1):120-4. doi: 10.1016/j.bone.2008.09.007. Epub 2008 Sep 26.
Alkaline mineral water lowers bone resorption even in calcium sufficiency: alkaline mineral water and bone metabolism.Wynn E1, Krieg MA, Aeschlimann JM, Burckhardt P.